"According to the FBI, there have been 129 confirmed white Christian terrorists in the last 20 years. That includes Timothy McVae, the uni-bomber, the Atlanta Olympics bomber and dozens of family planning centers and abortion clinics. Muslims? 19. Which would make white people the most likely demographic to commit a terrorist attack. So watch your mouth before you call me a terrorist or I’ll knock your fucking teeth out.”
So I have this bad habit of texting in my sleep. One night I texted diana at like 4am and said “I also love you.” Makes no sense haha. We’ve only been dating for a month, but our history goes 3 years back. So like, ya know, our 1 month isn’t the typical “omg way too soon” kinda thing. Not that I was trying to say I love you after a month.
We laughed about it and then we talked about it and like…
What’s the appropriate time you gots wait? Like WHO SAID it’s ever too soon? I get that like when you know you just know but. When do you EXPRESS it. This is one of life’s mysteries I’ve never understood.
I’ve had a crappy weeek.
Not that any of you care besides like two of you 😜
But. Note to self: start changing how you approach situations. Think and process. Stop being so freakin passive aggressive, you are not a teenage girl -.-
Let’s be real. You’re more of a five year old if anything. Love thyself. Love thy family. And love that girl who Allah brought back to you three years later because you never stopped thinking about her and she finally grew up.
Time to make a change.
On Sep 13, 1944, a princess from India lay dead at Dachau concentration camp. She had been tortured by the Nazis, then shot in the head. Her name was Noor Inayat Khan. The Germans knew her only as Nora Baker, a British spy who had gone into occupied France using the code name Madeline. She carried her transmitter from safe house to safe house with the Gestapo trailing her, providing communications for her Resistance unit.
Oh my God, yes. Let’s talk about Noor Inayat Khan.
- Wireless operators in France had a life expectancy of six weeks. Noor was actively transmitting for over three times as long.
- While she was in France, every other wireless operator in her network was slowly picked off until she was the last radio link between London and Paris. It was “the most dangerous and important post in France”.
- She was offered a way back to Britain and refused.
- In fact, in her transmissions to London, she once said that she was having the time of her life, and thanked them for giving her the opportunity to do this.
- She was captured by the Gestapo, but never gave up: she made three attempt escapes. One involved asking to take a bath, insisting on being allowed to close the door to preserve her modesty, and then clambering onto the roof of the Gestapo HQ in Paris.
- Her last word before being shot was, “Liberté!”
The term BAMF was coined for such persons.
Her entire life, and her mother’s life as well, are FASCINATING. A Royal, Muslim, Anglo-Indian woman in WWII… Could we have a sweeping FACTUAL movie please. Like now?
Yet another story I would like to read.
You guys! There IS A MOVIE!
Enemy of the Reich: The Noor Inayat Khan Story
"يقبرني/ya’aburnee- (idiom) An untranslatable, Arabic phrase literally meaning you bury me. It’s the hope that one’s lover will die before them because life without them is unbearable. This both beautiful and morbid expression is generally used in the Levantine Arabic dialect. (via wordsnquotes)
Depression is so isolating bc you don’t want to be a bother to anyone so you start doing really passive aggressive things to try and reach out, which makes you feel even worse so you end up quietly weeping in the bathroom and when someone knocks on the door you immediately hide yr face and clear yr throat and say “oh yeah, I’m fine.”